Shine has worked regularly at a number of local schools over many years including; Radlett Preparatory School, Nascot Wood Infants and Juniors, Cassiobury Juniors, The Reach Free School, PNEU Girls School (now Charlotte House) delivering both extra- curricular and curriculum based tuition . We have also delivered workshops in schools outside of the county.
Shine currently runs an ever popular Performing Arts Club at both Nascot Wood Infants and Juniors. Please note that there is currently a waiting list for both classes and it is strongly advised that you join this list in order to gain a place in the future.
Shine currently runs all LAMDA coaching and examination sessions for Radlett Preparatory School. Please note that there is currently a waiting list and it is strongly advised that you join this list in order to gain a place in the future.
NASCOT WOOD INFANT AND JUNIOR SCHOOLS
Performing Arts Club: Mondays until 5.30 (infant and junior)
All three disciplines; Drama, Dance and Singing are taught by specialist teachers with West End, Film and TV credits to their name. Shine has been running Performing Arts classes at Nascot Wood Schools since 2008 and is thrilled to continue nurturing the talent at the school, increasing pupil’s confidence, creativity and promoting positive self-esteem. Shine also host VIP guest teachers from some of the hottest shows in the West End such as Wicked, Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Mary Poppins. Pupils can expect projects such as:
- Drama; Improvisation, Script work, TV acting + filmed work, Mime, Recital and Choral Speaking, Physical Theatre.
- Dance; Street Dance, Jazz technique, Contemporary + Lyrical Dance, Creative opportunities to self-choreograph.
- Singing; Musical Theatre, Pop singing, Song writing (juniors), Vocal recording, Solos, Small groups and Choral singing.
Pupils will have numerous opportunities to perform publicly throughout the year and all projects will be tailored to the age and experience of the participants. So whether your child has been taking classes with us already or if they are completely new to it, we will make sure they have a great experience each week! The pace of the sessions is varied to keep the children energised, focussed and happy! There are two short breaks; one before the class starts when they come through from classrooms and one mid-way through.
RADLETT PREPARATORY SCHOOL
LAMDA Speech and Drama coaching and examinations for pupils in school years 3-6.
We are thrilled to have a very successful LAMDA department at Radlett Preparatory School with pupils achieving highly and taking, on average, two exams per year.
What is LAMDA?
- LAMDA is a world renowned training institution producing the likes of Jim Broadbent, Maureen Lipman, David Suchet, Bendict Cumberbatch, Ruth Wilson, Dominic Cooper, Victoria Hamilton, Harriet Walter, David Haig, Dillie Keane, Anna Chancellor, Anna Maxwell Martin.
- LAMDA began offering speech examinations to the public in the 1880s. Since then, these examinations have been refined and developed into a comprehensive system of performance evaluation by experts in education, acting and communication. In addition to being the UK’s largest statutory speech and drama awarding body, LAMDA Examinations have a reputation for excellence across the globe.
- LAMDA examinations are universally recognised and can be taken by anyone aged 5yrs through to adulthood. They even provide UCAS points for University when you get to medal level. The LAMDA examinations are graded in accordance with age and experience and offer a wide syllabi; Acting, Musical Theatre, Verse and Prose, Speaking in Public, Devising, Mime, Reading for Performance.
Lessons take place throughout lesson and break times on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. Each 20 minute lesson costs £17 and is charged termly.
SCHOOL WORKSHOPS AND CLASSES
We offer bespoke workshops for all key stages in both the state and independent sector. Our workshops are taught by experienced professionals with the aim to give your pupils the very best experience. Our workshops have varied from cross curricular sessions bringing topics from the classroom to life through the performing arts, to reward days focused on individual disciplines in their purest forms. Contact us to talk through your options.